Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Important Announcement from Sharp Football Analysis

Thank you for your interest in my website and newsletter for the first 9 weeks of the 2008 NFL season. For over half the season, I provided completely free plays and analysis which, of course, took up a lot of my personal time. Much more than you perhaps can imagine. My write-ups are detailed and come from hours of research, and my computer system is going strong as it has for the past several years. And for over half the season, if you followed my plays, you would be doing very well. 23-9-2 (72%) in all plays I e-mailed out. If you decided to use my plays to legally bet on the games:

A $25/game bettor should be up $328 so far this year.
A $50/game bettor should be up $655 so far this year.
A $100/game bettor should be up $1,310 so far this year.
A $250/game bettor should be up $3,275 so far this year.

I know I have mentioned this before, but of all the tout services who are monitored by the Oklahoma Sports Monitor, there is NOT A SINGLE ONE (thru Week 8 Results as Week 9 Results are not posted yet) who has released 30+ plays and is hitting 72% for the season. Yet that is what I have been able to accomplish, with assistance from my system, my research databases, and my hard work each and every week so far this season.

Other touts charge a fair price for their plays. If you found my site through Fox Sports Radio, you know they have a famous handicapper on their show. What you may not know is that he charges $119 for just one week of his plays.

Other touts charge $65+ for one single game. It would be one thing if they won at a very high rate. Unfortunately, the vast majority of professionals are much better marketers and professional harassers than they are quality handicappers.

I have read the e-mails sent by people offering to donate money and I have never replied to them. I was doing this for free and enjoyed helping people out. But what I found was: people always want more. They were not satisfied with just getting my personal plays, which did go 4-1-2 the past 2 weeks (80%) and 72% for the season. I suppose I don't blame them for wanting my system plays and analysis of those plays because my system's record has been very solid thus far. ATS my system has produced 44 plays since week 4, just over 7 per week, and has hit 72%. My totals systems have again been producing superb results (see records below). However, when trying to figure out the logistics of such an operation, it was a difficult challenge: I currently send out about 3 e-mails a week. If I added system plays to my mailings, we would have 4 and at times 5, depending on weather related plays. It is a fair amount of work to type up these and send them to the many people from the several e-mail addresses I have. I also posted my plays on my website and then on message boards, all of which took up a lot of my time. So writing up my system plays and sending those out would certainly add more time to my already busy schedule. And would be in addition to the most important things: running my system, performing research, selecting my top plays and providing write-ups.

After much thought and consideration, I decided to do the following:

I started a website, and paid for hosting and support. It is:

http://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com

I now have a new e-mail address: sharp@sharpfootballanalysis.com (but you can always contact me as a backup at my old sharpfootballanalysis@gmail.com )

The plan going forward is as follows:

You can essentially purchase "access" to a single page within my website which I will update throughout the week. You can being viewing this page on Wednesdays of each week, when I will have my system plays posted. I will then add a brief comment on the plays and any information I think you should know at the time, including which plays I would be leery of playing yet due to injuries. I will still be providing my "personal plays" either on Friday evening or Saturday morning, as well as Sunday and Monday updates. This week Thursday games start in the NFL, so any insights or plays for Thursday night will be posted on Thursdays. After Monday, you will need to purchase "access" for another week. I also post weather plays and will post those at any point in time starting on Wednesday.

So, what kinds of plays will you get over the course of one week?

  • Personal Plays - 23-9-2 (72%) YTD - Typically the top 3 or 4 ATS Plays per week and strong totals selections. The number of selections may vary week to week but on average it has been 3. All personal plays will include write-ups of varying length and are supported by hours of research. For Sunday games, these will be issued on Friday evening or Saturday morning, with an update on Sunday morning. For Thursday and Monday games, any plays will be issued on game day.
  • ATS Computer System Plays - 31-12-1 (72%) YTD - Usually approximately 5 to 7 plays per week, these are released on Wednesday and are generated by my computer system. The goal for you, the user, is to find the best line possible between Wednesday and kickoff. Usually, unpopular underdogs are best played closer to kickoff and popular favorites are be best played earlier in the week.
  • Totals Computer System Plays - my computer system usually generates a number of rated totals plays on a weekly basis. The strongest of these plays have come from the "Top Totals System" which may release only one play a week or less and is typically a targeted Overs play. That system went 21-1 last season and is 6-2 (75%) this season. Other totals systems generate additional plays, Overs and Unders. All totals plays will be released on Wednesday.
  • Weather Alert Plays - these plays generally occur in the colder months in more Northern states, though there could be a weather play in any location predicted to experience inclement weather. Plays last year included games in Pittsburgh, New England, Seattle and Chicago to name a few cities. I study weather from a variety of lesser-known specialty sources and typically issue these plays mid-late week, as the weather systems become more defined. Getting on these totals early, before the general public is aware of the weather situation, is the most important goal. Not all plays with inclement weather will be played. The goal, as always, is to find those that have the most value. These plays will be issued whenever they arise, anytime after Wednesday.


Of course, all personal plays will come with my in depth research, trends and analysis, each and every week. While perhaps not as convenient as checking your e-mail to find my plays, I think it will be quite easy to check one single page each and every week that gets updated to add my plays, insight, and analysis I have to share with you. You won't have to wonder what my system plays are, you won't have to wonder exactly when the e-mail will go out, and you will have the easy ability to contact me should any problems arise.

I have decided to do all of this for only $15 per week. A $25 bettor should have already made $328 so far this year on my plays, and $15 is only 4.5% of that. $15 is only 2% of what a $50 has made on my plays, and is only 1% of what a $100 bettor has made on my plays.

Again, you are not paying $15 for 3 "personal plays" per week. You will be getting all my system plays, which include totals and ATS, as well as my write-ups, trends and information. The goal is not just to provide winning plays. If that was the case, I could just tell you 3 teams to take a week. The goal is to also teach you about my handicapping methods and help you learn how to spot good situations, and equally as important, when to back down from forcing a play.

My system records from this season and prior seasons are posted below. As you know, past results do not guarantee future success, and I have indicated several times on the website that I in no way guarantee any plays or outcome, nor do I guarantee a certain level of success the rest of the season. The only thing I can tell you is that my system is what it is, it has done very well, I have not changed anything and I will continue to work as hard as I can towards achieving results which meet and exceed my own high standards.

Therefore, this is the last official newsletter from my gmail address and I hope you enjoyed the plays and information I provided free of charge for the first 9 weeks of the season. I hope I can continue to provide high quality service and winning plays to you at http://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com and have enjoyed helping you learn and benefit from my plays for over half the season.


Thank you,
Sharp


2008 - 2009 Results thru Week 9:

Personal Plays: 23-9-2 (72%)

System Plays:

ATS System Plays: 31-12-1 (72%)
Top Overs Plays: 6-2 (75%)
Overs #2 Plays: 12-9 (59%)
Unders Plays: 12-5 (71%)

2008 Note: ATS System Plays were simplified and combined to provide for easier following since 2007.

2007-2008 Results:

Personal Plays: 58-36-3 (62%)

System Plays:

Top Overs Plays: 21-1 (95%)
Overs #2 Plays: 26-7 (79%)
ATS Top Plays Sys #2: 41-24 (63%)
"Top 5" Per Week: 42-27 (61%)
ATS Top Plays Sys #3: 33-21 (61%)
ATS "Both Sys lean to the same team": 42-30 (60%)
O/U "Both Sys lean to the same side": 61-41 (60%)
Unders Sys #1: 33-24 (58%)
Unders Sys #2: 30-22 (58%)
ATS Top Plays Sys #1: 9-8 (53%)

2007 Note: System was further developed and additional types of plays were generated since 2006.

2006-2007 Results:

System Plays:

ATS Top Plays Sys #2: 14-3 (82%)
ATS Top Plays Sys #3: 20-6 (77%)
Top Overs: 17-5 (77%)
Top Unders: 25-13 (66%)
ATS Top Plays Sys #1: 26-14 (65%)
All Unders leans: 83-48 (63%)
All Overs leans: 40-26 (61%)

2005-2006 Results:

Looking back at 2005, I did not track my W-L record and my system was in the "testing" phase. However, the one contest I did participate in was the Wagerline Playoff Competition. Out of 5,900 contestants, I finished in 1st Place. Playing sides and totals for most games, I finished 16-2 (89%) and +6630 Units. Looking at all wagerline contest results in their Hall Of Fame from 1999 thru present, no one has won one of their contests (in any sport) with a higher win % than 89%.

Note on Records:

System records from 2007-2008 were and posted on message boards online on a weekly basis for verification, as were all personal plays. Personal plays from 2008-2009 were posted on message boards and e-mailed to subscribers on a weekly basis. System plays from weeks 7-9 were sent to Fox Sports Network's "First Team on Fox" for validation, during which they went 11-6-1 ATS (65%).

Past results will not guarantee future perfomance.

No comments: