Monday, October 13, 2008

Week 6 Reflection

.
The last time Jake Delhomme and the Panthers did not score a TD in a game was over two full seasons ago, week 1 of 2006.

The last time Jake Delhomme threw 3 interceptions in a regular season game was a full three years ago, week 6 of 2005.

Since Jake Delhomme came to the Panthers in 2003 and started for the team, the only game where he threw 3 ints and Carolina scored not a single TD was yesterday.

Suffice it to say, I am still disgusted over their inability to put up a TD, thus depriving us of a 2-0 day. Some call it a "bad beat", I just call it a random and unlikely event. For all of it to happen after a first quarter which played out so perfectly:

Two first quarter TDs and Carolina w/ the ball on 1st and 10 at the TB 14 yard line to start the 2nd quarter.

was just a tragic turn of events for us. My system showed a TB win and cover, w/ them scoring 23 to 24 points. They put up 27. However, it showed Carolina scoring approx. 20 in the loss. We only needed them to put up 1 TD and they could not get there.

The Over play came from my Overs system which was 4-1-1 (80%) since the I started running it this season in Week 4, and was 21-1 last season (95%) and 17-5 (77%) in 2006.

I am disappointed I cannot say it is now 5-1-1 (83%) on the season and we were 2-0 on the week. But such is life and we must move on.

I can tell you that the occurrence of such an unlikely event should be unlikely and hopefully will not make another appearance in the remainder of the games we play this season. I do my best to narrow down games to those which are the most likely to hit. Sometimes, though, events so unlikely to occur, do occur which make those plays which are highly likely to hit, miss, and we are left out. Again, I will continue to work just as hard to keep our high percentage going throughout the rest of the season and hopefully we will not be on the receiving end of a game like that again.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

No need for appologies, look at your record. I've won my fair share on the rest of your plays so far this season! Keep up the great work.

Anonymous said...

Bad beat is correct...we needed one TD from either team in the 4th qtr to pull it out.
Even when you cap it correctly, it doesn't always end up the way it should so don't be results based in your thinking...that was the right play

Anonymous said...

Puff, no need to apologize to anyone, bro.

Keep doing what you do and sharing your insight. It is valuable WIN or LOSE.

Anonymous said...

Don't apologize, I am with with you all the way

Anonymous said...

Yes, it was a bad beat, but no worries Puff. Like everyone said it was the right play. We all knew it, but it didn't pan out this time. I have my utmost faith in your ability. Keep up the awesome work, we're with you all season long bro!